To ensure that the ACI designation maintains a standard of excellence, graduates of the program
are asked to maintain their designation by completing continuing education requirements.
Students must complete a minimum of 12 credits every three years after receiving the ACI Designation.
ACI Designation Continuing Education Credits may be received through the following:
1. Attending “hot topic” webinars through ICCIE or “educational seminars” through VCIA. It is expected that the two organizations will be offering a minimum of six such webinars each year.
2. Completing any electives (including their respective post-course exams) listed below that you have not already taken as a part of your ACI designation. These are courses offered through ICCIE, The Institutes and American Society for Health Care Risk Management (ASHRM). These electives are all offered as instructor-led on-line classes or as independent study courses.
The following are the elective courses with links to topics covered in each one:
- ICCIE Electives:
- Accounting for Captives: Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Accounting for Captives: Interpretation and Management Perspectives
- Captive Board Governance
- Captive Claims Management: Best Practices and Reinsurance
- Employee Benefits and Captives
- Healthcare Captives Overview
- Investments and Captives
- Regulation and Captives
- Risk Retention Groups
- Understanding the Intricacies of Cell Captives
- Institutes Electives:
- CPCU 551 – Commercial Property, Risk Management and Insurance
- CPCU 552 – Commercial Liability, Risk Management and Insurance
- AU 65 – Commercial Underwriting: Principles and Property
- AU 66 – Commercial Underwriting: Liability and Advanced Techniques
- ARM 54 – Essentials of Risk Management
- ARM 55: Risk Control
- ARM 56 – Risk Financing
- AIAF 114 – Insurer Accounting Management
- ASHRM Electives:
- Essentials Module
- Applications Module
- Advanced Forum Module
3. Documented attendance at approved sessions at captive conferences. To receive ICCIE CE credit, please complete the sign-in sheets or obtain a certificate of completion, for your participation from the conference and forward it to the ICCIE office. There is a $100 administrative fee per session ($75 for AAN members).
4. ACI graduates can take advantage of a CE Subscription Package. ACIs can prepay for their 12 credits in webinars and live sessions at Captive Conferences for $1,100 (non-refundable). This can be purchased at any time, and the credits may be used over more than one renewal window.