To ensure that the ACI designation maintains a standard of excellence, graduates of the program
are asked to maintain their designation by completing continuing education requirements.
Students must complete a minimum of 12 credits every three years after receiving the ACI Designation.
ACI Designation Continuing Education Credits may be received through the following:
1. Attending “hot topic” webinars through ICCIE or “educational seminars” through VCIA. It is expected that the two organizations will be offering a minimum of six such webinars each year.
2. Completing any electives (including their respective post-course exams) listed below that you have not already taken as a part of your ACI designation. These are courses offered through ICCIE, The Institutes and American Society for Health Care Risk Management (ASHRM). These electives are all offered as instructor-led on-line classes or as independent study courses.
The following are the elective courses with links to topics covered in each one:
- ICCIE Electives:
- Accounting for Captives: Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Accounting for Captives: Interpretation and Management Perspectives
- Captive Board Governance
- Captive Claims Management: Best Practices and Reinsurance
- Employee Benefits and Captives
- Healthcare Captives Overview
- Investments and Captives
- Regulation and Captives
- Risk Retention Groups
- Understanding the Intricacies of Cell Captives
- Institutes Electives:
- CPCU 551 – Commercial Property, Risk Management and Insurance
- CPCU 552 – Commercial Liability, Risk Management and Insurance
- AU 65 – Commercial Underwriting: Principles and Property
- AU 66 – Commercial Underwriting: Liability and Advanced Techniques
- ARM 54 – Essentials of Risk Management
- ARM 55: Risk Control
- ARM 56 – Risk Financing
- AIAF 114 – Insurer Accounting Management
- ASHRM Electives:
- Essentials Module
- Applications Module
- Advanced Forum Module
3. Documented attendance at approved sessions at live or virtual captive conferences. To receive ICCIE CE credit, please complete the sign-in sheets or obtain a certificate of completion, for your participation from the conference and forward it to the ICCIE office. There is a $100 administrative fee per session ($75 for AAN members).
4. ACI graduates can take advantage of a CE Subscription Package. ACIs can prepay for their 12 credits in webinars, live or virtual sessions at Captive Conferences and ICCIE courses for $850 (non-refundable).
This can be broken up into (a) 12 webinar credits or (b) one ICCIE course (5-9 credits) and enough webinars/conference session to complete the 12 credits.
The CE Subscription Package can be purchased at any time, and the credits may be used over more than one renewal window.
The subscription can also be paid on an annual basis, at the rate of $350/year. Under this plan the graduate is entitled to one modular course or four webinars. Please contact the ICCIE office to arrange this payment option.