Anniversary Celebration – 12 Big Ones!
On the evening of Monday, August 8th, ICCIE will celebrate another anniversary: number 12! The big Burlington Community Boathouse event – which has become recognized as the unofficial opening of the VCIA conference – is open to all and runs from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Come celebrate the success of the captive industry’s education program and help us honor all those who have donated time, resources, and expertise to ICCIE. A special thanks to the event’s sponsors: A.M. Best, GPW, Pro Group, and TD Wealth Management.
New “Regulation of Captives” elective
ICCIE is delighted to announce the new Regulation of Captives course that will make its debut in November. The new elective, designed and taught by Jeff Kehler (SC regulator) and Derick White (SRS Captive Manager and long-time VT regulator), will be open for registration this week! Other new ICCIE electives are on the drawing board as well. Watch for future course announcements.
Any Day Now… New ICCIE Website
Yes, it’s been long overdue, but by the time you read this, the launch of the updated ICCIE website will be only weeks or even days away. The freshly-minted site makes finding information about ICCIE easier, streamlines the registration process, and has a crisp, clean look. What you see on the launch date, will not be the end, however, but rather the beginning. We have extended plans over the next 12-18 months for adding advanced functionality to better serve the industry. Keep your eyes open for our launch announcement – then head to the site, take it for a spin, and let us know what you think. Here’s a teaser image:
CCI and Modular Block Purchase info
The new Certificate in Captive Insurance (CCI) announced late last year has had a terrific launch. For those of you who have not explored the new Certificate option — which can be expanded to the Associate in Captive Insurance (ACI) — see our website for details. It’s a great way to get a measure of captive expertise and show a commitment to the industry in a relatively short amount of time.
And for individuals and companies who have not yet discovered ICCIE’s new Modular Block Purchase option, consider the significant savings available from purchasing enrollments in three courses for only $1,800. If you have any questions about how the Modular Block Purchase option works, please contact our office for the details.
ACI Scholarships to be Announced at VCIA
ICCIE will again be announcing the winners of two scholarships at the 2016 Vermont Captive Insurance Association (VCIA). The Distinguished Scholar Award recognizes VCIA’s tremendous financial commitment to ICCIE, and the Harry House Scholarship, made available through the, Housing Authority Insurance Group, offers an ICCIE scholarship to a minority student in an accredited college or university Risk Management Program. The announcement of the scholarship winners will be made at Wednesday’s VCIA General Session.
Bruce Whitmore receives his ACI at the March CICA conference from
CICA President Dennis Harwick and ICCIE Executive Director Mitch Cantor.
Desirae Simon receives her ACI at the June Bermuda Captive
Conference from ICCIE Executive Director Mitch Cantor.
The following individuals recently completed the Associate in Captive Insurance (ACI) professional designation:
- Cassie Bachman, Elevate Captives – Oklahoma
- Jessica Beck, Suffolk – Massachusetts
- Matthew Brosman, Strauss Law Firm – South Carolina
- Anastasia Campbell, Grant Thornton – Bahamas
- Angelia Demkovic, Compass Holding, Illinois
- Lynn Desmone, HUB International, Pennsylvania
- Ashley DiMayo, Oxford Risk Management Group – Maryland
- David DiMayo, Oxford Risk Management Group – Maryland
- Michael DiMayo, Oxford Risk Management Group – Maryland
- Mark Elwell, RMC ReInsurance – Florida
- Paul Francisco, Oxford Risk Management Group – Maryland
- David Ginsberg, Oxford Risk Management Group – Maryland
- Sid Gray, GCFA – Tennessee
- Vitjan Greco, Milliman – Massachusetts
- Steven Guest, State of Delaware – Colorado
- Chase Herring, Burns & Herring LLC – Florida
- Geoff Heyl, Oxford Risk Management Group – Maryland
- Adrienne Hintz, Independent Management Ltd – Bermuda
- Jeff Horner, Hormel Foods Corporation – Minnesota
- Tammy Irrera, The Captive Advantage – Massachusetts
- Linda Jordan, Jordan & Jordan Insurance – Texas
- Robert Mayer, Beecher Carlson – Georgia
- David Moore, Moore Actuarial Consulting, LLC – Illinois
- Yolanda Moss, J S Johnson Insurance – Bahamas
- Daniel Nguyen, Willis Towers Watson, Vermont
- Allison Repke, Willis Towers Watson – New York
- Temperance Robins, Strategic Risk Solutions – Arizona
- Richard Rodgers, Dannah Insurance Solutions – California
- Sherri Roshitsh, Bartlett Actuarial – South Carolina
- Desirae Simons, Dyna Management Services Ltd. – Bermuda
- Tracy Snow, Ohio Department of Insurance – Ohio
- Jonathan Stark, SRS – North Carolina
- Cathy Thomas, Tennessee Department of Commerce & Insurance – Tennessee
- Kathleen Vreeken, Beacon Health Options – Massachusetts
- Bruce Whitemore, Willis Towers Watson – Illinois