FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Closing in our 10th Anniversary!
On August 11th, at its annual celebration at this year’s VCIA conference – the International Center for Captive Insurance Education (ICCIE) will mark a huge accomplishment: its 10th Anniversary. Launched in August of 2004, ICCIE has spent 10 years providing captive insurance courses and the professional designation — the Associate in Captive Insurance (ACI) — for the captive industry. With more than 1,300 enrollments in its individual courses and the ACI program, ICCIE has reached all corners of the globe, with students in 40 states and dozens of countries and territories. Supporting ICCIE for this special 10th Anniversary Celebration are event sponsors: A.M. Best, GPW and Associates, Lippa Insurance, Munich American Re, Pro Group Captive Management, TD Wealth Management,and Wells Fargo. We pass on a huge thanks to the event sponsors, and we look forward to celebrating with as many captive community members as possible. Please plan on joining us for this big celebration at the Burlington Community Boathouse, Monday, August 11th, 7:30-9:30 p.m.
Ask anyone who has taken ICCIE courses about his or her favorite aspect of the organization, and the likely answer will be the stellar level of instructors. Since ICCIE’s launch in 2004 established captive experts have come forward to teach both our core and elective courses. A quick look at the “Faculty” page on the ICCIE website will attest to the level of ICCIE instructors, both past and present. So we are always excited to welcome new faculty members who help us maintain that extremely high bar. Joining the ICCIE faculty in the next few months are:
Anne Marie Towle
THANK YOU for being part of the ICCIE team!
ICCIE partners with captive insurance conferences for webcasting
ICCIE is heading towards a record number of webinars presented in 2014. Already in 2014 ICCIE has partnered with World Captive Forum, CICA, and the Bermuda Captive Conference to offer live webinars, in addition to a stand-alone ICCIE webinar presented early in the year. Next week ICCIE webcasts a session from the Vermont Captive Insurance Association (VCIA) annual conference, and in September will do the same at the South Carolina Captive Insurance Association (SCCIA) conference. Thanks to all those involved who have helped ICCIE disseminate these vital industry sessions to students around the country and the world.
ICCIE is again delighted to be presenting scholarships this year’sVCIAconference. In recognition of VCIA’s leadership in the founding of ICCIE, the Distinguished Scholar Award is presented annually to an individual who is VCIA member. The award recipient is selected for achievements in, or commitment to, the captive insurance profession, andfor community service. In addition, ICCIE will present the Harry House Award, sponsored by the Housing Authority Insurance Group, and pays tribute to the contributions of the late Mr. House to the risk management industry. The scholarship is reserved for a minority student studying Risk Management at an accredited college or university. The recipient is chosen based on scholastic excellence and good standing in the university community. Both scholarships will be announced on Wednesday morning of the conference at the General Session.
In ACI News:
Congratulations to Pro Group Captive Management, and ACI Renea Louie, for winning the Captive Manager of the Year award at the 2013 Captive Live conference.
In related news ICCIE is partnering with Captive Review on Captive Live’s Training Program of the Year award, to be presented at this year’s Captive Live conference in Chicago in October.
Recent ACI Recipients
Diploma presentation at CICA
Mitch Cantor presenting ACI to Alicia Green
The following individuals recently completed the Associate in Captive Insurance (ACI) professional designation:
• Jennifer Bradwell, Strategic Risk Solutions – Cayman Islands
• Romika Browne, Gloucester Insurance, Ltd – Bermuda
• Dwayne Dowell, Kentucky
• Derrick Easton, New Jersey
• Deyna Feng, Cummins – Beijing
• Deborah Friedman, USAR Risk Group – Arizona
• Greg Gabridge, HUB International – Michigan
• Alicia Green, International Finance Center – British Virgin Islands
• Lisa Harvan, Strategicrisks – Arizona
• Lisa Kane, Marsh – Vermont
• Ted Kanne, Private Practice – Otolaryngologist – Georgia
• Rennie Khan, PKF Cayman – Grand Cayman
• Deb Lemar, Nationwide – Iowa
• Doran Lamond, Litchfield Insurance Group – Connecticut
• Rachel Leyko, Medstar – Maryland
• Punam Makwana, Luxembourg
• Merredith Mooth, State of Tennessee
• Craig OConnor, Covidien – Massachusetts
• Jordan Ready, Assurance Agency – Illinois
• Brenda Reddick, AON – Minnesota
• Bernard Reisz, New York
• Charo Richardson, Anguilla Finance Limited – Anguilla
• Bethaney Ryals, Norcross – Georgia
• Mark Shiels, Physicians’ Reciprocal Insurers – New York
• Susan Snedden, Risk Services – Florida
• Jennifer Stalvey, State of Tennessee
• Angela Stoddard, Maryland
• Gail Sydow, Zurich, NA – California
• Kara Tencellent, Willis – Vermont
• Andrew Thomas, Jamaica
• Bacho Vega, Artex Risk – Arizona
• Eric Weber, Liptz – California
• John White, State of Delaware
• Skyler Wildenstein, New Mexico
• Eric Williams, Cover & Rossiter – Delaware
• Rasa Zubielaite, State of Delaware
For additional information on these or any other matters contact ICCIE Executive Director Mitch Cantor at 802.651.9051 or email@example.com.