Monte D. Jahnke is a Member of Kerr, Russell and Weber, PLC and from the inception of his practice has specialized in the formation and regulation of insurance entities. Mr. Jahnke’s practice emphasizes corporate, domestic, and offshore insurance matters, including services to a public traded multi-state property and casualty carrier system which he helped found in the mid-1970’s. His experience also includes the merger, acquisition, dissolution, and consolidation of insurance entities. Since the early 1980’s he has served as development and onshore counsel for regional and national alternative risk and captive programs owned by groups, single parents and participants in rental schemes. He also has significant experience servicing managed care entities, including HMO’s, PPO’s and diversified managed care corporations.
Monte holds an undergraduate degree from Wayne State University (1968), with appointment to the honorary Omicron Delta Kappa fraternal organization. Following service during the Vietnam War, he received a law degree from Wayne State in 1974 where his honors included appointment to the school’s National Moot Court Team as an oralist and receipt of the Marx Scholarship. In addition to service at the local and national bar levels, he is a designee in the publications “Who’s Who in American Law” and “The Best Lawyers in America.”
- J.D., Wayne State University Law School
- B.A., Wayne State University
- Michigan, Detroit Bar Association (1974)
- American Bar Association (1974)
- Member, Vermont Captive Insurance Association
- Associate, Insurance Managers Association of Cayman
- Designee, The Best Lawyers In America, 1993-present.
- Designee, The Best (100) Lawyers in Metro Detroit,dbusiness Magazine, October 2007