Courtney Faust focuses her practice on the formation, licensing, regulation and governance of companies in the traditional and captive insurance industries. This includes insurers, reinsurers, MGAs, administrators and other providers of insurance and financial services. Her experience includes drafting corporate documentation, drafting and assisting with the negotiation of contracts and providing advice regarding all aspects of insurance regulatory compliance, including responding to regulator inquiries and assisting with licensing issues.
Courtney’s practice also includes mergers and acquisitions and corporate consolidations in the insurance industry.
Prior to joining BakerHostetler, Courtney developed and led compliance initiatives and legal strategies for a leading provider and administrator of finance and insurance products in the automotive industry and held a variety of positions with the Georgia Department of Insurance. While at the department, Courtney was appointed by the Commissioner to be the Director of the Captive Insurance Division and was instrumental in establishing Georgia as a captive domicile.
- Advised and represented clients regarding complex insurance, reinsurance and captive insurance matters.
- Advised and represented clients on complex matters regarding service contracts, limited warranties, vehicle protection products and guaranteed asset protection waivers.
- Advised and represented clients regarding general corporate matters, including entity formation, organization and corporate governance issues.
- Represented sellers regarding sales of insurance agencies in the aggregate amount of approximately $190,000,000.
- Drafted and negotiated acquisition documents, including purchase agreements, disclosure schedules and ancillary documents and led due diligence.
- Georgia Captive Insurance Association (2019 to present)
- Board of Directors
- State Bar of Georgia
APCO Holdings, LLC
- Senior Director of Regulatory Affairs (2022)
- Director of Regulatory Affairs (2018 to 2021)
Georgia Department of Insurance
- Director – Agent Licensing Division (2017 to 2018)
- Director – Limited-Risk Entities Division (2017 to 2018)
- Director – Captive Insurance Division (2016 to 2018)
- Legal Counsel to the Division of Insurance and Financial Oversight (2015 to 2016)
- Senior Staff Attorney – Legal Division (2014 to 2015)
- Staff Attorney – Legal Division (2011 to 2014)
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, 2010
- B.B.A., Risk Management and Insurance, University of Georgia, 2005, cum laude