Here are some recent updates from ICCIE, the official education program of the captive insurance industry.
ICCIE Announces New CE Guidelines
ICCIE is delighted to announce some changes to our continuing education (CE) guidelines for graduates of our Associate in Captive Insurance (ACI) designation. The new schematic will make it more convenient and easier for ACIs to earn more credits while attending approved sessions at captive insurance conferences. In addition, a new payment option will allow for a one-time discounted payment on all the CE credits required per three-year renewal window. Here are the main points of the ACI CE guidelines:
- ACIs need to complete 12 ICCIE-approved CE credits per three-year window post graduation (no change);
- There is no longer a limit to CE credits earned from approved conference sessions (new) – previously, only 4 of the 12 credits per renewal window could be earned at conference sessions;
- Seminars at conferences will have an administrative fee of $100 per webinar (new);
- For ACI Alumni Network (AAN) members, all online webinars and live-at-conference CE sessions will cost $75 (new — reduced from $90);
- AAN members can get a 50% discount off ONE course per year (new).
- We now have a prepay subscription available (new): ACIs can prepay for their 12 credits in webinars and webcasts for $1,100 (non-refundable). This can be purchased at any time, and the credits may be used over more than one renewal window.
- For AAN members purchasing the prepay subscription, annual dues would only be $50 per year (instead of $100) (new).
As always, our goal is to serve the captive industry with quality education at a reasonable price. We look forward to hearing your feedback on the new CE changes.
Aidan Kelly Announced as ICCIE Fellow
At the Captive Insurance Companies Association (CICA) Annual Conference last month Aidan Kelly was awarded the ICCIE Fellow designation. The new designation, launched in early 2017, is reserved for those who have earned and maintained the Associate in Captive Insurance (ACI) designation, have significant experience working full time in the captive industry, and have demonstrated significant commitment to the industry through service. For details on the Fellow designation and its requirements, see the ICCIE website page:https://iccie.org/fellow-application
Aidan Kelly (center) is announced as an ICCIE Fellow at the 2018 CICA conference, flanked by ICCIE Executive Director Mitch Cantor (left) and CICA President Dan Towle (right).
And — In case you missed it…ICCIE Launches Its New LinkedIn Page
It’s finally here! ICCIE launched its LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/school/iccie/). We expect our LinkedIn page to be an excellent resource to help you connect with other captive professionals and a great place to visit for educational conversation and discussion (topical postings on our LinkedIn page will also appear on our website on a special Blogging page). We will also include the latest information about updates in our educational programming. Visit our LinkedIn page for education, inspiration, and to strengthen our captive community.
Recent ACI recipients
Mark Weideman (second from left) and Scott Ray (second from right) receive their ACI diplomas at the 2018 CICA conference from ICCIE Executive Director Mitch Cantor (left) and CICA President Dan Towle (right).
Kellie Bodmer, AM Best – New Jersey
Roger Budd III, Roger Budd Company – Georgia
Santiago Garcia, Caterpillar – Tennessee
Emilie Gastley, Captive Alternatives – Georgia
Lauren Graves, Johnson Lambert – Vermont
David Jarusinski, Friedlander Company – Texas
Stephanie Liu, Utah Insurance Division – Utah
Al Piccoli, Delaware Insurance Division – Delaware
Anne Vise, USA Risk Group – Tennessee
Travis Wegkamp, Utah Insurance Division – Utah
For additional information about any of these news items contact ICCIE Executive Director Mitch Cantor at 802-651-9051 or firstname.lastname@example.org.