Reinsurance and Insurance Network, LLC (RAIN), Washington Crossing, PA January 2011 to present
Independent consult and broker offering clients access to a network of insurance and reinsurance solutions. Providing an extra set of hands for new projects, program development, underwriting, LPT’s or acquisitions you are considering.
- Business development: Providing new business leads, market intelligence and product/program expansion advice to senior management for a variety of companies.
- Expert witness consulting. Available on short notice to assist on a variety of insurance, reinsurance, and broker related topics.
- Concept to completion of startup insurance programs – Prepare business plan, identified interested carriers, and negotiated contracts for program launch.
- Placement broker for insurance and reinsurance accounts
Universal Risk Intermediaries, Inc., (UniRisk) Naples FL January 2011 to July 2015
- UniRisk is the exclusive intermediary for Capital Security, Ltd. (“CSL”) CSL is a Segregated Accounts Company under Bermuda law. Created in 1994, UniRisk designs rent captive solutions on behalf of brokers and consultants.
- Lead development of a new alternative collateral product for captives and trusts including financing, LOC alternatives, LPT’s and other creative reinsurance structures
- Co developed credit insurance rent a captive program for Dominican Republic branch of international credit union
Munich Reinsurance America, Princeton, NJ March 1999 to December 2010
Head of Business Development – Specialty Insurance Division (July 2007 to December 2010)
- Lead multi disciplined team in the US to develop new business opportunities across the Munich platform: Munich RE Munich, ERGO, Hartford Steam Boiler American Modern Insurance Group, Sterling Insurance Company, Munich Healthcare and Munich Re America.
- Team expertise includes primary& reinsurance, commercial/personal lines, admitted/ non-admitted, property/casualty, healthcare, professional, financial products, MGA program, public entity, financial institutions, alternative market, and international.
- Developed qualified leads in excess of $1.5 billion for Specialty Markets program area. Leads resulted in $300 million of bound business.
- Lead multinational team through development of travel insurance product launch in the US. Currently a $400MM euro Munich business outside the 4-year proforma is to grow travel to a $100MM dollar business in the US using MGA, direct and credit card channels.
- Lead development of new reinsurance product to compete with London swing plans. Product is targeted to professional liability risk retention groups
Senior Vice President – Munich American RiskPartners (March 1999 to July 2007)
- Lead New Business Development for $800MM alternative market division of Munich Re. Focus includes commercial single risk, commercial program and public entity and not for profit clients
- Production Source Management – Development and maintenance of broker, carrier and third-party vendor relationships. Negotiate fees and contract terms while managing ongoing relationships.
- Marketing – Responsible for divisions marketing plan:
- Convention Management – convention selection, promotional brochure and signage oversight.
- Customer and competitor analysis – Production sources and target accounts are selected based on select strategies such as competitor weakness, contact database analysis and line of business focus.
- Advertising – publication selection, review add copy for approval, help create new sources of advertising such as “Captive Explorer” on the Internet.
- Leadership of “Speed to Market” initiative focused on: 1) quote response time, 2) MIS tracking of productivity measures 3) explicit linkage between corporate marketing and account targeting, 4) standardization of business process across branches, and 5) the role of the UA.
- Faculty member of the International Center for Captive Insurance Education (ICCIE). Developed course material and teach “Course 3” Protecting the Captive: Predicting Risk, Reinsurance and other transfer mechanisms.
- Frequent speaker at alternative market conferences. Contribute regular articles to risk management publications. Featured monthly in Captive and Art Magazine
Morefar Marketing, Inc., Wilmington, DE November 1996 to February 1999
(Division of American International Group)
- Overall Management of AIG’s in-house program administrator. Responsible for wholesale/ retail brokerage operations, production, marketing, underwriting and service support of 60,000 insurance policies for 9 AIG profit centers.
- President – Florida Petroleum Liability Administrators (FPLIPA). AIG purchased this broker in December of 1997. FPLIPA is the exclusive underwriter for AIG’s underground storage tank business.
- Transformed an operation with an operating and underwriting loss for six straight years to profitability in the first quarter of taking control. Closed out first full year having increased revenue by 25% and generating a pretax profit of $550M.
- Written premium and policy count doubled during my tenure. Growth was achieved through new program and new product development.
- Integrated multiple profit center products and systems into a seamless full service offering to broker clients
- Established AIG Commercial Sales and Service Center in July of 1999. The center is AIG’s market response to direct sales of commercial lines insurance through banks and affinity groups.
- Developed AIG’s first Internet based commercial insurance products. Policies were underwritten and issued online
AT&T Capital Corporation, Morristown, NJ
Sedgwick James, Short Hills, NJ November 1987 to April 1993
Assistant Vice President
American International Group, New York, NY November 1985 to November 1987
Senior Risk Analyst – Risk Management Division
West Virginia University – May 1985
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Major: Accounting Minor: Finance
Associates in Risk Management (ARM) 1990
Associates in Insurance Accounting and Finance (AIAF) 1991
Charter Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) 1993
Licensed Reinsurance Intermediary/Broker
Licensed Property/Casualty Broker
Licensed Excess & Surplus Lines Broker