Robert Walling is a Principal and Consulting Actuary with Pinnacle Actuarial Resources, Inc. and has been in
the insurance industry since 1989, consulting since 1997. He is focused on commercial lines ratemaking
and product development, actuarial studies for captives and self‐insureds, commercial lines loss reserving,
legislative costing, litigation support, regulatory consulting and expert testimony. Mr. Walling is a Fellow of
the Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS), a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries and a Chartered
Enterprise Risk Analyst. He currently serves as a member of the CAS Board of Directors. He has previously
served as the Chairman of the CAS Ratemaking Seminar Committee, Risk and Capital Management Seminar
Committee, and the New Fellows Committee. Mr. Walling is a frequent speaker at industry meetings on
professionalism, predictive analytics, captives and alternative markets, medical professional liability and
government insurance program topics.
- Actuary and/or Loss Reserve Specialist on over 100 domestic and Bermuda insurance
companies, risk retention groups, captive insurance companies and self‐insured entities.
- Advises scores of self‐insured public entities and private companies on matters relating to financial
reporting of unpaid claims liabilities, routinely presenting to Boards of Directors and Executive
Committees charged with financial reporting.
- Provides consulting services to over 20 state insurance departments and government insurance
programs. Services include captive app
- Appointed Allocation review, loss reserve analysis and risk‐focused financial
examination support, assistance developing or managing government insurance programs, legislative
costing, industry studies, expert testimony, and rate filing reviews.
- Assists insurance companies in developing commercial insurance products, using predictive analytics
and other actuarial methodologies. Specific expertise in business‐owners (BOP) and commercial
multi‐peril products, commercial auto, workers compensation and medical professional liability.
- Experienced in the trucking industry, including admitted, excess and surplus, and alternative
markets. Services have included development of trucking insurance rating plans, loss reserve and
funding analyses, retention analyses and development of predictive analytics.
- Served as an actuarial advisor to state and national associations with insurance interests, including
the American Medical Association and the Republican Governors Association. Legislative costing and
industry studies have been provided.
- Provides expert testimony on actuarial and commercial insurance matters such as medical
malpractice, workers compensation, commercial auto and general liability.