Evan D. Bennett is a Reinsurance and Insurance consultant in Chicago, Illinois. He has over 30 years of experience in the insurance/reinsurance industry and has been involved in reinsurance audits and reviews, reinsurance accounting, reinsurance contract analyses, and statutory audits. He has also acted as an expert witness and consultant on various arbitration and litigation projects throughout his consulting career.
Evan has worked with various insurance clients such as reinsurers, ceding companies, intermediaries, state insurance departments, and law firms, He has been involved with numerous projects dealing with a wide variety of insurance and reinsurance areas including:
- Reinsurance audits: accounting/financial, underwriting, claims, forensic and operational
- Reinsurance contract analysis and risk transfer reviews
- Reinsurance Accounting Reviews
- Reinsurance Adequacy Studies
- Arbitration/litigation support as an expert witness and consultant
- Assistance to State Insurance Departments
- Reinsurance Recoverables
- Captive Insurance Company Reviews
- Receivership support
- Reinsurance system implementation assistance
- Internal control reviews and account reconciliation projects
- Environmental claims audits and exposure analysis
- Best practice review for reinsurance administration
- Insurance and reinsurance training and curriculum development
Evan has written several articles on reinsurance issues in industry publications,(e.g. Mealey’s Litigation Reports, Reinsurance, Reinsurance Magazine, The National Underwriter) and was a contributing author of the chapter entitled, Reinsurance Audits, for the Associate in Reinsurance Course–Reinsurance Principles–for the American Institute of CPCU’s Insurance Institute of America (IIA), published in 1995. Evan has also conducted Reinsurance seminars and programs for more than 25 years and has spoken at various industry conferences throughout his career. These include: the University of Wisconsin-Madison: Executive Education- School of Business, the College of Insurance (St. John’s University- New York),Insurance Accounting and Systems Association-various chapters, International Association of Insurance Receivers, and the Illinois CPA Society.
Evan received his Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts and Sciences with Honors and his Masters in Education from the University of Illinois, Champaign. He earned his Masters (MSA with Honors) in Accounting and Business from Roosevelt University in Chicago.